MODERN GALA: TIME TRAVEL
SATURDAY, JULY 13 | 2019 | 7-11 p.m.
WHAT IS THIS?
The Modernists welcome all young professional, time-daring voyagers to an unprecedented gathering in the year 2019 to an otherworldly soirée where the past will meet its future in a mind-bending journey to the fourth dimension inside the walls of the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
Meet fellow travelers and explore the ripples of time through entertainment, dazzling beverages, hors d’oeuvres, a memorable time travelers toast, dancing and much more in the spirit of centuries past and historical camaraderie. Indulge in the fantasy of time travel and get inspired by the elegant fashions of an era you wish to visit.
YOUR TICKET INCLUDES
• Admission to the Kansas City debut of a sizzling costume party that spans the centuries and indulges our time travel fantasies
• A grand welcome to the 21st century, with activities and pointers on how to make the most of your evening and meet new people, whether you’re traveling solo or with friends
• Historical camaraderie amongst a crowd of fellow time travelers, dressed from all eras
• Futuristic photo ops
• Blast-from-the-past cocktails and creative mocktails from The Monarch Bar and Tom’s Town Distilling Co.
• Flowing bier from Kansas City Bier Company
• Inventive hors d’oeurves
• Timeless desserts
• Rare opportunity to experience the galleries after hours with a live strings player
• Dance party on the glass bridge to music from the ages with DJ Max James
• Mind-bending and stimulating conversations with experts on history and the fourth dimension
• Timeline games and fun opportunities to win gift cards and special prizes
• Supporting the future of the National WWI Museum and Memorial through raffles and unique auction items
• A time travelers’ toast to cap off the night!
It’s a costume party! Pick an era and dress to impress at this fancy dress time travelers gala.
WHO SHOULD COME
Time Travelers 21-and-up and from all eras are welcome! (Open to both members and non-members.)
TICKETS are now on sale at themoderngala.org
(*Please be sensitive and respectful in choosing a costume, and come in peace! Warriors, please leave your swords and other weaponry at home. The Museum and Memorial reserves the right to ask attendees to change if the costume is deemed inappropriate. Have a question about your costume? We welcome any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or through DM on Facebook).